If you are looking for information about choosing the best 36 inch gas range for your home or business then you have landed on the right page.
There is lack of credible information online where you can find neutral reviews of best gas ranges for you. All you are able to see on doing quick search is handful of pages selling the gas ranges to you. Each one claiming their products to be the best.
This creates confusion in one’s mind regarding some particular product one would like to narrow down upon to. And then there is lack of time, we can’t waste our precious time opening different websites and researching each one to choose one single product!
That’s why, I have done thorough research on different gas ranges available at this single place, so that you can choose the best one which fits your need. All of these three products are the most rated as well as well rated products by customers. So be assured that all of these are quality products which can satisfy your requirement.
Top 36 Inch “Gas Ranges” Comparison
Everyone knows that there’s nothing out there in this world which is 100% perfect. Same goes out there with the branded products. All of them have their pros and cons. And in fact, it is better that one chooses those products which have much more pros than cons and fit our requirement. And that is what I have tried to do here.
So, here you have a comparison of the technical specifications of each of the 3 products, along with their Amazon rating and price:
TOP 3 Gas Range Reviews
1. Verona VEFSGE365DSS
The first product on my list is by ‘Verona’. Verona is an Italian brand known for the quality and looks of their Appliances. In fact you can count their products in a luxury segment. What I like the most about this product is its elegant looks. It features stainless steel bezels and chrome knobs and handles, which enhance its look for any kitchen. Its beauty is enhanced further by its proclaimed cast iron grates and caps which also happen to make cooking much easier for you. Its two ovens are placed horizontally side-by-side.
We have discussed enough about its looks. Let’s discuss the actual aspect i.e. Cooking! Both ovens of this product come with 2 heavy duty racks, i.e. 4 heavy duty racks in total for cooking all sorts of food items. And the total capacity of ovens is approximately 4 cu. ft. which is enough for four people. Its five built-in sealed gas burners allow you to cook large quantities of food with ease.
Apart from that I like following aspects of this product:
- Total BTU of each burner ranges from 6,000 to 16,000 which leads to a powerful cooking experience.
- It comes with dual fuel option. (i.e. gas stovetop with an electric oven).
- Its proprietary ‘EZ Clean’ porcelain surface makes cleaning messes and spillovers a hassle free experience.
But what I disliked about this product is that its ovens are bit shallow, so large cookie sheets and roasting pans dont fit in, but most things do. Also the smaller oven takes more time to pre-heat than you would expect it to do. Apart from that, it lacks built-in electric thermostat, so in case you go for this product I would recommend to purchase an in-oven thermostat separately. It’s good that such in-oven thermostats are not expensive and the window of ovens and lighting inside makes reading the thermostat easy.
2. Bertazzoni Master Series MAS365DFMXE
The second product on my list is by ‘Bertazzoni’. Bertazzoni is another trusted Italian brand who are manufacturing Kitchen Appliances since 1882 A.D. That said, what I like about this product is the capacity of its large size european style convection oven (4.4. cu. ft) which is sufficient for more than 4 persons. In fact, this is enough to perfectly cook a 30 pounds worth of Turkey. Moreover, it comes with 9 pre-cooking modes and full-width infrared Broiler. I also like the fact that its Aluminium burners cook food 30% faster due to their efficiency, which can be attributed to its better design that brings flame very close to cooking utensils. Another aspect of its design I liked is that it has one-piece stovetop and one-piece full width inner glass oven door, which allows for easy and even cleaning all around.
Other aspects of this product which I liked are:
- It is a green and environment friendly product. 99% of which is recyclable and its triple glass oven door ensures high energy efficiency.
- It comes with 2 Year Parts and Labor Warranty which is double the industry standard!
- It is a well distributed range in USA, whose parts can be sourced quickly if anything goes wrong.
- Its thermocouple safety system mechanically stops the gas flow when the flame goes out.
But, what I did not like about this product is that there is no way to lock the burners, especially the oven burner/ignite switch. So, better to not allow your kids to play in Kitchen and mess around with the gas range switches. Also, the oven when operating also blows warm air into the kitchen, which in the winter is amazing for me, but in the summer it’s kind of a drag if you’re cooking something for 3 hours, it’ll heat up the kitchen space by a few degrees.
3. Smeg S9GMXU
The third product on my list is by ‘Smeg’. Smeg is an Italian brand which was founded in 1948 and has its subsidiaries across the world including USA. Coming to product part, what I like the most about this product is its price! Honestly, this range is highly affordable when it comes to similar ranges by other companies. I also liked its design and build quality. It does its tasks of cooking and baking very well. Its oven is electric and has large capacity of 4.4 cu. ft. with 8 cooking modes which include Broiling, Convection, and Defrosting functions.
Other aspects of this product which I liked are:
- It has a low depth (24 inches) which sits flush with the kitchen cabinet. This provides more space in the kitchen compared to other ranges.
- It has a ventilated door with cooling system to prevent overheating.
- There is an automatic re-ignition function in case the flame is accidentally extinguished.
On the other hand, what I didn’t like about this product is that it does not come with a simple plug in cord. To do that you will have to remove the back panel and check the wiring, and install the components inside the back of the range before use.
Criteria To Select The Best Gas Range
Although I shortlisted these products based on certain criteria and did comprehensive research on them, still you can do your own research if need be based on the same criteria. You may include following aspects while doing your research:
- Number of Ovens and Racks
- Burner Power
- Weight and Dimensions
- Fuel Type
- Customer Satisfaction
As per my research, the 4 most important aspects out of these to consider are Price, Weight & Dimensions, Capacity and Customer Satisfaction. Let’s discuss these further one-by-one:
- Price – Either you are price conscious or you are quality conscious. But there is a fine balance between these two. I believe in purchasing affordable yet high quality products. In short, go for value for money!
- Weight and Dimensions – You don’t want your gas range to look awkward in your kitchen. So depending upon the space available and your aesthetic taste, choose the range which is a right fit for your kitchen.
- Capacity – Capacity is one of the most important aspects while choosing a gas range. Generally 4 cu. ft. capacity is right for a small family of 4 people. While if you have more than 4 members in your family, then go for the range with more than 5 cu. ft. of capacity.
- Customer Satisfaction – Actual customer reviews should also be one of the most important aspects while choosing a gas range. Customer Reviews on Amazon.com are one of the most genuine and credible for any product out there. While it is important to see whether the product is highly rated, it is also important to see the total number of reviews. Say if product ‘A’ has a 5 star rating but just 2 reviews, and on the other hand product ‘B’ has 4 star rating with 20 reviews, then I would go with product ‘B’.
8 Advantages of Gas ranges (Dual Fuel) over Electric ranges
- Even Heat – Gas ranges generate better and even stove top heat for cooking. The heat from the gas flame heats the bottom as well as sides of utensils, which cooks much faster compared to Electric ranges.
- Better Control – Gas ranges are easy to gauge and level of heat can be precisely adjusted by altering the flame. Thus they offer better control over Electric ranges.
- Economical to Operate – Since Natural Gas as a fuel is much cheaper and easily available across the states as well as it creates no pollution, so Gas ranges are much economical to operate overall compared to Electric ranges.
- Better Efficiency – Gas ranges are more efficient than their Electric counterparts. In fact they will cook 2 meals for the same amount of energy with which Electric ranges just 1 meal!
- Economical to Purchase – Natural gas ranges are comparatively more economical and inexpensive than Electric ranges. And they are better value for money.
- Flexibility – As soon as you turn off the flame, the range no longer emits heat, so your food will not get overcooked even when you leave it on the stove to rest without continuing to cook.
- Fuel Advantage – So there is a short cut, or some other problem due to which there is no electricity. No problem! You don’t have any dependency upon it anyway!
- Dual Fuel Edge – Most of the gas ranges come up with electric oven these days. Additional option of electricity for the ovens as a huge advantage!
Looking at almost all the aspects, my personal vote goes to Verona VEFSGE365DSS! It has largest number of pros with very few cons. It is the most trusted product out there as can be seen in its 3.5 star rating from as many as 14 customer reviews. In case not Verona then my second choicewould be Smeg S9GMXU as it is a decent product overall with highly affordable price compared to other two products. And my third choice would be Bertazzoni MAS365DFMXE. Rest all depends upon your requirement and choice. Bertazzoni has 5 star rating and Smeg has 3 star rating from 3 and 4 customers each. But the point is Verona is the most purchased and most trusted out of all these products, which matters a lot!